Sunday, December 07, 2014

magic wand

 [click on title for full post]


Today's Think Kit blog prompt:

Alla-Kazam!

 
Wave your magic wand – whoosh – what would you transform, create, or make disappear in 2015? Don't be afraid to change the world, or merely alter the mundane. Just be prepared to defend your decision with reason, or irrational emotion!
Oh...this wand will self-destruct after a single use, so choose wisely!

When I read the words "magic wand" in this prompt I immediately thought of turn signals. In my internal road-rage rants I call the stick to activate the indicator lights the "magic wand," often thinking: Just push on the magic want and a light will starting blinking to indicate to the rest of the drivers that you intend to turn or change lanes. It is simple, really. 

I just don't understand why everyone doesn't use the magic wand built into the vehicle. I will readily admit that I have a bias against people that don't use their turn signals, I just assume that they are selfish jerks outside the comfort of their car also.

If I had two magic wands I'd work on world peace next, although I'm convinced the world would be slightly happier if everyone used their turn signal.

No comments: