Tuesday, December 09, 2014

home sweet home

 [click on title for full post]


Chez Pez


Today's Think Kit prompt: 


Just Can't Wait

The calendar still says 2014, but let's push forward. What are you looking forward to in 2015? Is there an event, special occasion, or reunion that you're counting down the days until? Planning a trip? A life change? A move? Or maybe it's the simple pleasures – the release of a movie, something or someone hitting a stage near you.
2014 has been an amazing year, but I'm looking forward to staying closer to home in 2015. 
I love picking a theme for each year. 
2012 was It's Not About You Sunshine. I've always known that the world doesn't revolve around me, but I used to think that every interaction I had was about me. I would take it personally if someone didn't use their turn signal or if a cashier looked frustrated. I knew that people didn't wake up each day plotting about how they could piss me off, but I needed to wrap my head around it. 

2013 was Graceful Conclusions. I worked on not getting too worked up about things before they actually happened. I tended to worry about every possible negative outcome of any possible situation. Often things have a graceful conclusion - no reason to be a jerk or get in people's business.

2014 was Trust the Process. This was an amazing year of travel for me and I knew that I would have to trust the process whether I understood it or now. 

I'm declaring 2015 as the Home Sweet Home year. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with my cute house. Who knows, maybe I'll even paint a wall or something....after 18 years at Chez Pez it might be time....

No comments: