Wednesday, December 17, 2014

migration

[click on title for full blog post] 



Today's Think Kit blog prompt: 

Let's Get Physical

 
Time to go through your (actual) desktop, junk drawer, or coat pockets and share an artifact from your past. A half-torn ticket stub, once-washed receipt, coffee-stained map, anything in a frame: it's all fair game. What springs to mind from your artifact? The smells, sights, and sounds? A specific feeling? Hold it in your hand, close your eyes, and go back in time to a moment.

Okay, these artifacts aren't from my pocket or past, but I love looking at them on the corner of my desk. I move them around a lot - right now they're heading south for migration. Not that I know if elephants migrate or anything.

And yes, I know that they're not to scale and that several of them would eat each other in a second, but I don't care. I love seeing them on my desk (the holiday candle isn't typically there), they are a great conversation piece, and a fun reminder of my beautiful time in Tanzania.

No comments: