Tuesday, December 23, 2014

funny you should say apple....

[click on title for full post] 



Today's Think Kit blog prompt: 

Apple Of Your Eye

You've ranted. You've raved. You've freestyled, soapboxed, and even waved a magic wand or two. Today, let's keep it positive. Who (or what) is doing something good? Share a story of your positive action, whether it's a favorite charity, foundation, or nonprofit – or just an individual whose penchant for do-goodery makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
It's like this prompt was written for me! 
I am lucky enough to have a job that combines my education, experience, and passion. 
I am the director of programs for Second Helpings, a food rescue, job training, and hunger relief organization in Indianapolis. In the next twelve months we will rescue TWO MILLION pounds of food, prepare and deliver ONE MILLION meals, and educate 50 ADULTS for meaningful careers in the food-service industry. 
How cool is that? 
Here is a talk I gave about Second Helpings a few months ago - I got to tell the story in only twenty slides that changed every twenty seconds, which turns out to be the perfect format for my can't-stand-still, jumping around, fast-talking personality. Click here to see it

No comments: