Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas

[please click on the title for the full post] 

Creche - Saint Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Indianapolis
Midnight Mass, Christmas 2014

Today's Think Kit blog prompt: 


What's Your Tradition?

Today we'll keep it short and sweet. Share a photo from your year that highlights giving, thankfulness, traditions or finding peace. What does the photo represent to you?
I panicked when I first read this prompt - How could I choose one photograph that highlighted my whole year? I reread the prompt and the words "traditions" and "peace" resonated with me. 
I'm what some people call a "Cradle Catholic" - Catholic since birth. I really did grow up in the Church. My dear mother has worked at a Director of Religious Education in several parishes and it seemed like my handy father was always replacing roof tiles or building shelves at our home parish. They are both still very active in their parishes. 
I attended Catholic schools randomly - both the parish grade school and the -Girls Catholic High School I attended closed while I was a student - not my fault, I hope. 
Over the years I've come to realize that God isn't just in church, but truly in all of us.  And I was able to take time to witness that this year. In the faces of newly-met cousins in Ireland, in the volunteers at Second Helpings, in the good work of my godmother and the other Maryknoll sisters, in the love I felt at beach weddings, and the joy of the people of Tanzania. 
Merry Christmas to All! 

No comments: