Tuesday, December 16, 2014

news


Today's Think Kit blog post prompt:


Extra! Extra!


Take a moment to dip into the deep well of the past year's 24-hour news cycle. What world event moved you this year? What story, series, or moment fascinated you? Made you scratch your head? Brought you to the edge of tears...or past the edge of your seat? Did an outside perspective change the way you felt, or make you take action? Share the headline(s) that resonated with you.


While the first cases of  Ebola were reported in March, news of the outbreak starting hitting the States in July - the month I was in Tanzania. The area of the outbreak and and where I was are over 3000 miles apart, but in most people's minds Africa is one big blob. And before I traveled there, it was for me too.

The Ebola outcry here really frosted me. We were more worried about what might happen here than about helping eradicating the crisis. 

And I got tired of people asking me if I had Ebola.

My stock response: I have a better chance of marrying Rush Limbaugh than getting Ebola.

No comments: