Wednesday, December 03, 2008

sick

I intend to revive last year's recap of all of the holiday parties that I'm invited to. I had to miss the first one last night (Christamore House Guild meeting). 

I haven't felt good for weeks, but it all came crashing down on Monday. I woke up feeling extra crappy and had no voice at all, but guess what? I went to work. I'm an idiot, really. I was able to score a noon doctor's appointment and have not left my house since then. 

Three whole days with out leaving the house - unless you count the 5:30 in the morning dart to the driveway to retrieve the paper. Three whole days of not getting dressed. 

I wish I could say that I cleaned the house and decorated for the holidays. Nope, I mostly slept on the sofa, popping a cocktail of antibiotics and Ibuprofen. And blowing my nose. And coughing. 

Three whole days of eating freezer food. Can you believe that I still had some soup left from the soup swap? It was a lifesaver -- and very delicious. 

I thought if I ever had three days at home I'd read, write, catch up on blogs and organize. Nope. Lots of watching fuzzy television (no cable or high-def TV), surfing Facebook and napping. 

I've been sitting so much my bum actually aches. 

There was a highlight to being sick. When I got weighed at the doctors office it showed that I'd lost 20 pounds since my last visit! And my blood pressure was lower than ever. Woo Hoo!

I'm off to shower. And trust me, it's time. 

4 comments:

Ralph said...

Nora
I just wanted to thank you for NOT visiting us in the last week or so. There is plenty of that crap going around out here without you. Stay home - but shower.
Ralph

Jerry in Texas said...

Nora,
You're in good company. I started feeling sick Thanksgiving morning. Then I drove 1000 miles to Texas. Finally started feeling better on Sunday. So I didn't gorge myself and lost 10 lbs in 3 days (the fast way).

Hope you're feeling better. Slow down!

Cliff said...

So;;;Jerry stopped off to contaminate JD enroute to Texas.
Nora, I'm so sorry to hear you're not well. Hope you can get everything started in correct order.
I'm off to read more of your funnily written posts.

Marla said...

I hope you start feeling better! There has been alot of sickness floating around her also!