Monday, December 15, 2008

linda's birthday (holiday party #8)

My friend Linda turned, um, lets say....a year older today. I was thrilled to be invited to a small party in her honor. It was one of those wonderful parties that I always assume that everyone is attending or hosting on Saturday nights when Cinderella Nora is working (even though the reality is that most folks are dozing off to a Seinfeld rerun on the sofa in their bathrobe). It was fun to get all fancied up and go to a dinner party.


Tim's home is beautiful. I try not to have house envy, but it's fun to dream. Check out this stove! The stove area is the size of my whole kitchen. Tim's art collection is fabulous and his Christmas tree is amazing.

Dinner was delicious. Wonderful soup followed by leg of lamb and roasted vegetables. We all toasted Linda. I've known Linda for half of my life now. When we first met, I knew what I'd know her forever. I never dreamed that I'd be working in her wildly successful clothing store twenty-five years later. She's a great friend!

Happy birthday Linda.
Cheers!

No comments: