Friday, February 15, 2008

meme

Bobbie, of Almost There tagged me for a meme.

The premise is to share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.

I love the word quirky and the idea of being quirky. Being called quirky is a compliment. It sounds so much nicer than "odd" or "our of touch with reality" or "Ho boy, did you see what Nora is doing?"

That said, there is a fine line between quirky and bat-shit crazy, so I'll try to portray myself in a good light.

1. I have over 400 PEZ dispensers on display in my house.

2. My absolute favorite meal is Kettle Korn and a diet Pepsi. If I happen to be taking a bath and reading People Magazine while consuming it, it's just icing on the cake.

3. I write about music, but never change the CD's in my stereo (if you can call it that) at home. I think the same five albums have been in there for at least a year. I listen to new music at work and in the truck. I tried to weed out some CD's last year, but have a hard time tossing them if I know the musicians or if I've been thanked in the liner notes, so I just put them all back in crates and shoved them under the table.

4. I can't play an instrument, keep time or sing a note. In seventh grade most of us tried out for choir. Only two of us didn't make it. A boy in special education and me. I took that as a sign... a very big sign.

5. I hardly ever wear pants. I have dozens of skirts, mostly black. I keep joking that I'm going to open a black skirt museum.

6. South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut was the first animated movie that I ever saw. I sure wish I would have started with Snow White.

I'm not going to tag anyone, even Cliff has already done this one.

4 comments:

Cliff said...

#4 still has me laughing.
And what do you mean 'even Cliff?'
I'll bet you also like to be called 'ecclectic.'

Dianne said...

How did I miss this? I could have sworn I read every "quirk" entry and followed every bobbie link

but, as usual, I digress!

I never wear skirts and have dozens of pairs of black pants - together we make an ensemble.

bobbie said...

My oldest daughter collects PEZ too.

Thanks for doing the meme. I don't blame you for not tagging anyone. i don't think I would do another myself. No, Dianne, I didn't tag Cliff. I tagged Villas Girl and she tagged him.

Anyway, it was kind of fun to do once, and again, thanks for doing it, Nora. Don't know about you, but it made me think of about twenty more of my own quirks.

Granny Annie said...

#5 has me a bit concerned. You and Brittany Spears! LOL