Wednesday, November 21, 2007

sailor nora


A lovely day here in paradise.
I'm staying with brother J.R., his lovely wife Anna and my niece and nephew. Cousin Jim and his wife Karen and their two daughters are also staying at the same complex.



The nine of us spent all day on a boat; belonging to Captain Sonny.



He tooled us around Sanibel and Captiva Islands.


We saw dolphins!


They followed the boat for quite awhile.



We stopped at a beach to look for shells. I jumped in with the kids and the big boys - and my camera. I swam to shore holding it above my head.



The kids found lots of shells and searched for the ever popular and elusive sand dollar.




We stopped at Cabbage Key for lunch. There is a beautiful old wooden water tower and observation deck. I'm afraid of heights, so I opted out of walking up.



I got to sit on the front of the boat for a bit, it did wonders for my hair.



The kids are bathed and tucked in to bed.
I'm on my way to join them - have I mentioned the rollaway bed?

3 comments:

Cliff said...

Holy Cow do you ever know the right people. I'm am really envious. Have a wonderful time. Hope your clothes catch up with you. Your day with all of the problems below sounded vaguely familiar. Kind of like some days during harvest. Yippee!!

Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

WOW, what a wonderful vacation. I am jealous. To bad about your clothes, they will probably show up on your last day of vacation, that would be my luck. I love your dolphins pictures. Can't wait to see more pictures. Enjoy.

King Tiger said...

(Note to self - DO NOT BE JEALOUS OF NORA'S VACATION! - REPEAT Ad NASEUM)

Nora,
It looks like you are having a wonderful time. Come back tanned and rested.

Happy Thanksgiving from cold windy Indy.