Sunday, October 21, 2012

the big oh-four

 The girl one.

The Twins turned four last week. They are real live people now and I'm not even afraid of breaking them anymore, although Sissy took a tumble when twirling with the microphone that I gave her. Through her tears she determined that her birthday watch was not cracked and the microphone was fine. She wiggled her fingers and declared them "not broken. If my fingers were broken I couldn't pick flowers or open doors." She's discovered two of the joys of life already - flowers and open doors. I always joke that she is watching and soaking it all in waiting to be old enough to take over the world. She's well on her way.

Bubba throws his whole self into anything in his path exploring everything thoroughly. He makes sure that no stone is unturned, both literally and figuratively.

It has been a true joy to watch them grow up and selfishly I'm glad that I live just a few blocks away even though I don't see them as often as I should.

Happy birthday, kiddos!



No comments: