Tuesday, October 23, 2012

pork belly and belly laughs


I've been quite the traveler this month. Only five days back from Austin and I'm gone again. I flew to Phoenix yesterday after work. I will be attending a conference and I'm lucky enough to get to stay with my dear sister, Ann and her darling husband, Tim.
I spent most of today napping, reading, and of course catching a few episodes of Law and Order. A dream day, really.

Annie and I ventured to Old Town Scottsdale for happy hour at the delicious Citizen's Public House. The food was great and a little fancy. We sampled three dishes - the Pork Belly Pastrami (served on rye spaezle with a Brussels sprout sauerkraut - Bernie's Mac 'n Cheese (Gorgonzola, Emmental, Cavatappi, and chilled tomato relish) - the Original Chopped Salad (corn, couscous, smoked salmon, asiago, pepitas, tomatoes, arugula, and currants).

Once I got over my "lipstick on a pig" thoughts of dressing up pork belly, mac 'n cheese, and salad I really enjoyed the food. My Sidecar cocktail was delicious too.

I have to say that my very favorite part was not only being with Ann, but that her friend who works at CPH joined us. I just loved seeing Ann laugh and have fun with adult friends. She and I are enough apart in age that she was in junior-high school when I went to college and she's lived in Phoenix so long that the paths of our friends don't often meet.

A lovely evening of pork belly and belly laughs.

No comments: