Saturday, October 06, 2012

chores


Remember when you were a kid and you thought that your dad was awful for rousting you from bed at 8:00 on Saturday mornings to scoop out the cow barn (you can guess what we were scooping) or sweep out the barn or pick up walnuts or pull weeds or whatever torturous project he could think of?

I think I missed a lesson in all of that.
I should have had kids so I could get that stuff done at my house.

I'm not a great housekeeper. I'm an all-or-nothing sort of girl. The grass practically needs to be baled after I finally cut it. There are either piles of paper and random shoes in the living room or it is spotless. 

I'm now seeing the wisdom on dedicating a day to chores. Saturday seems to be my default day to get things done. Grocery shop, fuel in the car, catch up on laundry, and putter around the house.

Dad had a point after all - it's good to start the week with things in order.



No comments: