Sunday, May 06, 2007

note to self

Don't wear your Chuck Taylor sneakers to work after waitressing for 9 hours the night before...and walking a 5K before that...drinking a bourbon out of a paper cup in band practice boy's art studio before that...and hosting music at an art gallery before that...and working 15 days in a row before that...and being 45 years-old...



My pink Chuck T's are my comfort shoes, but they are not very comfortable.

I've had them for at least dozen years and black high tops for even longer.

I was tired and not wanting to work at my clothing store job this morning.

I though I'd be a little rebellious and wear tennis shoes to work (not the typical footwear seen at Marigold).

I actually got tears in my eyes after standing in them for 7 hours.

They are still my favorite shoes -- they cannot break my heart that easily.

4 comments:

Cliff said...

You work too hard. You're my hero. Except for the sore feet part.

Rachel said...

I agree with Cliff. You work too hard!! You need a vacation!!

Tracy said...

LOL - I've had attachments to shoes like that. The pic is adorable!

Jamie Dawn said...

Those are great shoes!
My son has red high top tennis that were his favs for a LONG time.
I hope your feets get some much needed rest!!
When the dogs start barking, it's time to let them rest.