Wednesday, June 11, 2008

achy breaky feet

I cannot even tell you how tired I am. Seriously. Tired. I am.
It has been a fun week. I just figured out that I'm on track to see at least 40 different bands/musicians this month, so I'll catch you up on that.

In other news, I got to help a friend host David Sedaris at her book shop yesterday. David was charming and signed books for seven hours! I love what he wrote to me: Nora, thank you for doing stuff. And, I did do a lot of stuff yesterday. Ugggh.

The NUVO night life guide came out today. I got to write some of the blurbs. Since I'm always writing it was fun to have something written about me. From the contributing writers section:

Nora Spitznogle
With all her work for the Broad Ripple Gazette and her Web site Queen Bee music, and her day job as director of operations at Second Helpings, it's a wonder Nora Spitznogle finds the time to write about music for NUVO. But who better to write about Broad Ripple than Nora, the former manager of CATH Coffeehouse and a fixture at local shows and bars.


I think it is great, except for the "fixture [in] bars" part. I like to point out the I work in a bar and I go see music in bars....wait, maybe that does make me a fixture. Dang it!

[edit]




It is only 6:30 and I'm in bed with a Peanut Buster Parfait, the new David Sedaris book and my feet up propped up.
I'm guessing I won't be doing any laundry.

11 comments:

Ralph said...

Nora
That would make you a fixture alright.

Rachel said...

I don't know how you find time to do all you do either. No wonder you are tired!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Nora - It was a night wasn't it? I posted the shots you mentioned interest in. More to come.

Jamie Dawn said...

I love those Peanut Buster Parfaits. Now I'm craving one.
I chuckled a bit when I read that part about your being a fixture at the bars too. Of course, I KNEW it meant that you go to see musicians at those bars, but it was funny any way.
"There's Nora! The one over there passed out on the bar."
I'm glad you found some time to kick back, have a treat, and read a book. I know that kind of down time does not come often for you.
See you soon, Nora!! Blogstock here we come!!!

Janell said...

MMMMMM - that parfait looks lucious! I loved reading about your time with the author.

Granny Annie said...

I love peanut butter and mustand or peanut butter and pickles but I can't stand the thought of peanut butter pie or peanut butter ice cream. What's with that?

Anyway, are we just to assume you still have feet?

Cliff said...

I'll have the a parfait please. What? Oh...Large I guess.

Unknown said...

More.

Cliff said...

Fixture in a bar? Are you one of those team of Clydesdales pulling a beer wagon in a circle in a lamp hanging over the bar?? I've always wanted one of those.

Teresa said...

I feel like I know someone famous!!

Jamie Dawn said...

Just a quick hello.
I look forward to meeting you!!!!!
Blogstock here we come!!!