Saturday, October 18, 2008

full moon


My sister Beth and I revived the full moon hayride tradition after several years hiatus. I was so disoriented when I woke up this morning I thought - wooo hooo, nothing to do all day until I work at the Red Key. A second later the - holy crap, we're having a hayride at the farm for 100 people! thought burst in to my brain.

Beth did most of the work and all of the cooking. All I did was pick up drinks and ice. Thanks Bethie!

This year featured a record number of kids -I counted over 50 at one point. It was a great evening at the farm. Good food, friends and family, lots of children running around like nuts, a bonfire and s'mores.

I think there were at least four sedate wagon trips stuffed with kids. Then a friend asked for an 'adult' ride. Whoa Nellie! J.R. whipped us around the pasture doing figure eights and doughnuts. All I kept thinking was 'tuck and roll' - as I was laughing my fool head off.

Life doesn't get much better than that.

For more photos (including one of Jerry on the wild ride) click here.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

Neat pics, and I guess my mind went the wrong direction. I was thinking something different when you said 'adult' hayrack ride.