Saturday, October 04, 2008

farmers market


One of the music booking things I have not let go of over the years is scheduling the musicians for the Broad Ripple Farmers Market. This Saturday featured Gary Wasson and Cara Jean Wahlers. And it was Cara's birthday - happy birthday girlie! 

I have not gotten to the market as much as I wanted to this summer. This morning I plopped myself down and listened to the great music. 

The BRFM has really grown over the few years....whoa!....I just did the math in my head.....almost decades. I got to help out in the first year of the market when it was held in the Broad Ripple Brew Pub parking lot. It then moved to the Art Center parking lot and has found a home behind Broad Ripple High School for the last couple of years. 

Hanging out at the market reminds me of what a great neighborhood I live in. I love running in to friends and catching up on the neighborhood news. 

This weeks purchases: beets, sweet potatoes, whole wheat English muffins, sweet corn and an Amish made chicken pot pie. 

Good stuff, good stuff. 

3 comments:

Ralph said...

We bought some beets at a local farmers market and they were the best. Went to the store to buy some the other day (Farmer's Market had shut down) all imported from other other countries. Bought one and took a small taste thenthrew it away - no taste.
Long live Farmers Markets.
Ralph

Rachel said...

I feel cheated. Our Farmer's Market doesn't have any music!! They sure have some good food though!

Rachel said...

Our town is probably too small for music I guess. Our Farmer's Market is 4-5 people set up.