Sunday, December 01, 2013

think kit day one - your year in photos



[click on the title for the full post]

Today's Think Kit blogging prompt: Document your year in photos. Did one photo encapsulate your year? Maybe it takes a gallery. And don't forget to caption, describe, or or document what made an image so important. Let's see those photos!

Uh oh. I panicked when I saw the prompt - how in the world could I whittle it down to just a few photos? Hell, I have seventeen days worth photos of me and the giant popcorn ball at the Indiana State Fair this summer.

I'm a seriously crazy picture taker. I take a ton of photos. I'm never far from either my Canon SLR or my iPhone - I think of the phone as a camera first and telephone second. Confession: I sleep next to both of them. Not in the bed of course, that would just be obsessively crazy. They have a nice little spot within reach on the nightstand. 

As I was flipping through the thousands of photos that I've taken in 2013 something quickly became apparent.  I was in them. And not just my feet.

Not only have I lost 20 pounds since Saint Patrick's Day, I've grown more comfortable with my looks. I have the Spitznogle nose and the Gremelspacher chin and I'm finally okay with that.

And losing weight has been the biggest news of 2013 for me.  Apparently if  you eat less and exercise the pounds melt off! Who knew? Being accountable to Weight Watchers and an activity monitor have helped. The biggest motivation has come from being involved in a message board on the Weight Watchers site. There is a group of us all born in the same year that chat daily. I hate to miss checking in each day and I was thrilled to meet some of them in person in October.

The photo I choose for this prompt was taken in Boulder this summer. I was with part of my family and visiting with college friends. I like how healthy and relaxed I look - it made me smile when I saw it.

I can't resist leaving you with a giant popcorn ball picture from the State Fair this year....




.

No comments: