Thursday, May 01, 2008

may day!


As I mentioned in an earlier post I've become a big fan of social networking and the Musical Family Tree site is one of my favorites.

It is chock full of great information about Indiana bands and lots of music and photographs. I started a group for CATH Inc, the late, great coffeehouse that I used to manage.

Someone else started a super-secret society for former and current restaurant workers. It was decided, very fittingly that we gather for a potluck dinner on May Day.

I know this part is very hard to believe for people who know me at all, but I didn't know any of the people involved! It was really fun hanging out with new people. We all had music and restaurant war stories in common.

I was nervous about the whole thing, especially about what to bring. As it turned out, I didn't have time to make anything so I stopped a purchased a loaf of fresh sourdough bread and some artichoke garlic dip. I grabbed a couple of big bottles of a real hoppy beer and a bottle of sparking water from my fridge. It was perfect, the other contributions were a a great salad. a potato dish and ribs.

We ate, played Euchre and swapped stories.

A lovely way to spend May Day.

No comments: