Monday, May 05, 2008

happy birthday maureen

Today is the birthday of my friend Maureen Webb Cox.

She's really ancient --a whopping two weeks older than me.

She is one of the most kind, generous people that I know. She is the first to organize a fundraiser or plan a celebration for someone.

She's terribly funny, but never at the expense of others.

Her singing voice rivals mine...and that is not a good thing, folks.

She has a wonderful, John Deere loving, thoughtful husband that clearly adores her.

She knit me a green scarf and loaded me down with reading for the plane the first time I went to Ireland.

She created an amazing book for her friends with photographs, quotes and poetry.

Moe has encouraged my writing more than anyone else. When my first piece was published in NUVO, she cut it out and put in her scrapbook.

She and Mike sent a lovely note and donation in honor of Mr. Herr- and they'd never met him.

Happy Birthday sweet friend - I can't wait to celebrate with you.

No comments: