Saturday, May 04, 2013

water anyone?



 500 Festival Princesses on the right, me (wearing three shirts mind you) on the left

As I said, I love participating in the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon. But this year I made a last minute decision to volunteer at a water station instead. It was a blast, although a long day. We started the morning at 5:30 setting up thousands of cups of water and ended around noon. I loved seeing friends run, or in a few cases limp by. It was fun to hang out at the Speedway, which might be the closest I get to it this month.


One of the big factors in my decision not to walk was that we were invited to the wedding reception of my friends Alan and Heidi and that I had to work at the Red Key later that evening.

The reception was lovely. It was held in the Normandy Barn at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. They first saw the space during the Farm to Fair exhibit. I loved all of the personal touches - the table decorations all had meaning. My favorite part of the centerpiece were the balls of white string made from the string that bundle the Broad Ripple Gazette - the paper that I write for and Alan publishes (and edits, sells ads for, and delivers).

All and all a lovely day in May.

No comments: