Tuesday, March 17, 2020

happy saint patrick's day


Back in February - that seems so long ago - when I gave up booze for Lent and gave myself a Saint Patrick's Day dispensation, I assumed that I'd be drinking Irish whiskey in a crowd and toasting with friends today.

Boy was I wrong! We're in the midst of social distancing and staying home to attempt to curb the devastation of COVID-19 

I worked from home today. I got a great deal done and am close to cleaning out my email queue. I took a big walk after work - keeping at least six feet from people. It was great to soak in some sunshine and see other folks, even if I didn't talk to anyone.

I decided to have my own Saint Patrick's Day celebration. My dinner consisted of an Irish banger, steamed carrots with a pat of Kerrygold butter, potato salad, and pea shoots served on a Belleek plate. I put the mustard in a little pot from an Irish pottery company. Guinness and a wee pinch of Tullamore Dew rounded out the meal.

Oddly, I'm having a hard time finishing the beer and whiskey. Probably just as well. Tomorrow is a new day of work that is sure to bring even new challenges. I'm proud of the way that Second Helpings is reacting to the crisis. You can read more about that by clicking here: https://www.secondhelpings.org/4-days-ago

In the meantime, take care of yourself and wash your damn hands!

Sláinte mhaith!

No comments: