Monday, January 10, 2011

trophy



I've been bowling in the Chatterbox league for a couple of years now. No one is more surprised than me.

Like most things, the idea to bowl started with a beer and conversation with new friends. It seemed like a really good idea at the time. And so far it has been. I've meet some great people and turned acquaintances in to friends.

I'm subbing again this round, which fits better in to my crazy schedule. I don't feel so guilty about the times that I can't be there.

This morning, in preparation for the new season  I retrieved my bowling bag from where it had been shoved between the sofa and the bookcase for the last month. I unzipped the bag to discover a big wad of white socks. I took the time to toss the socks in the washer and grab a fresh pair. Which I left in the kitchen. I blame the cat.

I giggled as I purchased yet another $8.00 bag of  socks this evening...I was wearing a beautiful $4.00 thrift store coat, but I wouldn't dream buying of second-hand socks.

I was thrilled to find that I'd won a trophy last round. I had to miss the bowling banquet last month, so I missed the official presentation.

The team I subbed for was brand new and they thought they were bowling with a bad-ass competitor - after all I traveled with a trophy.

It took just one roll to shatter that notion.

Here's to getting back into the Monday routine of hunting socks, laughing. high-fiving and blowing the day's Weight Watcher points on a slice of pizza and a beer.

No comments: